YOUR STAGE OF OPPORTUNITIES.
T Challenge 2022/23
WEB3 IN TELECOMMUNICATION
CREATING A HUMAN CENTERED INTERNET
That’s why T-Mobile US and Deutsche Telekom want to make sure great ideas are seen and heard. We set the stage for the greatest talent, brightest minds, and most creative visions, and transform them into real game-changers – by working on them, re-thinking them, and further developing them with a network of experts in the middle of the spotlight.
The T Challenge is our stage to award innovators with the most precious thing we have to offer: an infinite network of opportunities. Because that’s what great ideas deserve.
Are you ready? Then step up to the global stage to present your vision, amplify your positive impact, celebrate your passion for tech and benefit from long-term business opportunities.
Set your stage for
Grow your vision with
LONG-TERM BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
PASSION FOR TECH.
T Challenge 2021 Impressions
This years focus
WEB 3 IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS
HOW CAN WE UTILIZE DECENTRALIZED TECHNOLOGIES FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS?
- How can we improve our customer relationships with Web3 models?
- How can we use Web3 business models to develop our products and services better, and collaboratively with our customers?
- How can Web3 automated oracles contribute to the (service) comfort of our customers? (Oracles = “sensors” in the real world that objectively retrieve data for Web3 and store it on the blockchain for further action – for example temperatures, stock prices, tickets sold, etc.)
- How can customers be incentivized to help with our network roll-out?
- How do we win new customers using Web3 based loyalty and engagement models?
- How do we implement the once-only principle for private consumers and companies?
- How does Web3 improve Customer Engagement and Loyalty solutions?
- Is there a way to provide a common cross product engagement and loyalty experience with Web3?
- How can Web3 increase both loyalty and loyalty over time?
- How can Web3 technologies help make our customer interaction and authentication more secure and seamless (Avoid PINs and passwords, KYC – Tokenized ID/ID Management)? What are the most convenient ways?
- What are new ways to approve transactions without revealing anything about the user?
- How can we simplify the customer interaction in retail and online via Web3?
- How can we enable crypto at the point of sale (retail)?
- How can we create human centered solutions that appreciate the user and not vice versa?
- Describe the process to capture the information from a lost wallet?
- What kind of information based upon decentralized identity might be stored in the wallet and be useful to a customer or consumer?
- How would one maintain accurate and up to date information that is stored in the wallet
- What consumer processes can we automate with this technology?
- How can we extend coverage and improve network capacity through Web3?
- Are there new methods of social and business interactions that the customer can control and the network can enable?
- Which telco assets could help Web3 mass-market adoption (Data for oracles, KYC-APIs)?
- How can we leverage Web3 marketplaces for core telco assets (slicing, spectrum, roaming/access, APIs, SD WAN, VPN …)?
- Network on networks: How do we orchestrate multiple bearers from different networks on public blockchains?
- How can telcos help as an enabler for decentralized apps?
- How do we leverage the decentralized nature of Web3 to turbo charge human-machine interaction?
- How can we create a participatory infrastructure that excels in crowdsourcing skills and technologies?
- How can we improve the experience for our customers before, at, and after events (concerts, sports) through Web3?
- How can we reimagine the entertainment experience for our customers at home?
- How can we help creators reimagine their relationship with fans?
- Can you provide a new or novel Web3 based experience that hasn‘t already been explored?
- How can a brand create a consistent Web3 experience (like AR in various environments)?
- What entertainment, media, or experience can be provided that will appeal to many people to help increase the customer base?
- How can we better track, prevent or offset carbon emissions of our operations through blockchain technologies?
- How can we partner with our customers to reduce carbon emissions?
- Can we join forces with our customers to reduce our ecological footprint?
- How can NFT/blockchain technology incentivize our customers to recycle old phones, routers, etc.?
- What data related to sustainablity needs to be captured and validated?
- What existing Web3 sustainability initiatives should be leveraged or improved?
- How do we improve the sustainability of Web3?
- How do we use Web3 to improve sustainability efforts?
MOST ENGAGING PRESENTATION
MOST SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION
MOST CUSTOMER CENTRIC SOLUTION
Who are we looking for?
January 20, 2023
Make us curious about your idea and describe what you will achieve in the development phase.
February 3, 2023
A qualification team will look for best proposals and select TOP submissions for each award category for the development phase.
May 7, 2023
Selected TOP teams can now start to work on the proposed technical solution or research paper.
May 22, 2023
We help you to get prepared for the Pitch & Award ceremony. The pitch deck submission deadline is May 12, 2023
Pitch & Award
TOP teams are invited to pitch their solution in front of the Jury at Telekom HQ, Bonn.
November 2, 2022 – January 20, 2023
January 23, 2023 – February 3, 2023
February 6, 2023 – May 7, 2023
May 8, 2023 – May 22, 2023
PITCH & AWARD
May 23 – 24, 2023
T Challenge 2022/23: Jury Announcement
On May 23, 20 teams of innovators will take to the stage at DT headquarters in Bonn, Germany to present their solutions driving change utilizing Web3 in telecommunications.
T Challenge 2022/23 on Web 3: Final Nominees Determined
We are very happy to announce the final nominees of our T Challenge on Web3 in telecommunication. The nominees focus on innovative ideas to change the way the world uses the internet. We can not wait for the demo day and award ceremony on May 23, 2023 to come and experience the solutions live here in Bonn at Deutsche Telekom headquarter.
T Challenge Podcast #1: Chainlink Labs
Welcome to our T Challenge podcast. In this episode you can listen to Ron Marquardt from T-Mobile USA and William Herkelrath from Chainlink Labs talking about the opportunites of Web3 and the T Challenge. Moderator is Markus Schorn from Deutsche Telekom.
T Challenge: Ask Me Anything Session (January 16)
Still got any questions regarding the submission phase and the program? Then join our AMA session on January 16, 2023 at 18:00 CET. You will meet the program management and a mentor of the T Challenge.
Node Finance joins T Challenge by Deutsche Telekom and T-Mobile
Deutsche Telekom and T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) welcome Node Finance to T Challenge.
Helium Mobile joins T Challenge by Deutsche Telekom and T-Mobile
Deutsche Telekom and T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) welcome Helium Mobile to T Challenge.
Winners of the “T Challenge 2021” give a glimpse into the future of shopping and service with XR
Team Graffiti from Marseille brings the product experience familiar from the online world with additional information and recommendations etc. into the store using AR …
T Challenge 2021 Demo Day & Award Ceremony
Join our great demo day and award ceremony in Bonn on June 1, 2022! Our Top 10 teams will proudly present their XR solutions to the audience and grand jury members from T-Mobile USA and Deutsche Telekom in the headquarter at Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140 in Bonn (Germany). Spread the word and join this amazing event. No registration required.
T Challenge 2021 on Extended Reality: Top ten finalists determined
We are very happy to announce the TOP 10 teams of our T-Challenge on XR experiences. The ideas focus on virtual shops, products and service experiences, avatars, as well as technologies and platforms that improve the XR experience. We cannot wait for the award ceremony on June 1st to come and to experience the solutions live here in Bonn.
T Challenge: Jury Announcement
The T-Challenge has received so many great ideas from 46 countries. You want to know who is going to judge the ideas? Here are the faces “behind the scene”.
T Challenge: Key Questions
Find out which key questions are relevant for the T-Challenge. 5 Questions to Dr. Stefan Kohn, Innovation Expert Sales & Service at Deutsche Telekom.
How can technologies like AR and VR boost the customer experience when shopping?
T-Challenge: T-Mobile U.S. and Deutsche Telekom are looking for your ideas.
T Challenge: Intro & 5 FAQ
Find out how you can benefit from the current T-Challenge and get answers to the 5 most frequently asked questions.
T Challenge: Announcement & Call For Action
Apply now for the T-Challenge with T-Mobile U.S. and Deutsche Telekom AG and get a shot for 600 K EUR!